วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 28 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2552

BOWFLEX TREADCLIMBER : Treadclimber TC3000, Not What It Seems

Because of the business of my life, I do not have the time to make it to a gym on a routine basis. Therefore, I take great consideration when it comes to investing in a piece of work-out equipment. I have been diligently using an elliptical for over a year now and it's done a fairly good job of working my lower body. But, it gets boring and it started to make my hips ache.

After researching the TreadClimber for over a year (the cost was a big factor for me), I decided I'd purchase it because it not only worked my lower body, but was versatile enough for cardio. So the "three-pieces-of-equipment-in-one" was a big selling point to me.

If I could go back, I would not have bought the TreadClimber and here's a few reason's why:

1. The hydraulics with the stepping are awkward and they do not go up and down on their own (cheaply engineered for the price I was paying). So, if you are like me and do not walk "perfectly", the machine will pull to one side - not moving up and down evenly. Therefore, you are spending more time in your workout "getting leveled out" then working effectively.
2. It is small width-size, so I cannot walk without smashing my hands into the side bars.
3. The treadles are slim and if you have larger feet (especially once you have sneakers on - I wear a woman's size 10), you are bound to hit the motionless sides and get catapulted several feet behind you.
4. Because of the increased chances of hitting the motionless sides, you must FOCUS on the treadles constantly, if you are to get the best work-out - which means NOT holding onto the side bars. It is discouraging and distracting to be staring at the belt for the entire workout.
5. Do not believe that the stair stepper is of any use. You are just going up and down on the treadles, this is not an effective work out.
6. The treadmill is misleading also. It is only of use if you wish to walk. It is very short and narrow to do anything else.
7. This model only goes to 4.0 mph. This speed will be met very quickly if you are doing a weekly work out regime.

With that said, the TreadClimber is effectively working my thigh and ab areas. Because I was so excited about my thousands of dollar investment, I quickly made room for my versatile TreadClimber and sold my elliptical -I wish now I wasn't so rash. This product is $1000 too expensive!

By C. Tarrants
amazon.com

BowFlex TreadClimber TC3000 Review

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น